Campus Living Tips
Follow these tips for living safely on campus:
- Keep your doors and windows locked, especially if you are sleeping or in the shower.
- Do not leave a note on any doors if you have gone out. It’s an invitation for criminals!
- Observe campus after dark to insure that the buildings, parking lots, walkways, and common areas are well lit, adequately secured, and well patrolled.
- If you are walking somewhere, walk with a group. Never walk alone if at all possible.
- Keep your hands free, not overloaded. Have your keys ready and walk with confidence. li>Avoid risky areas, such as deserted areas or unlit areas.
- If you are going out with someone, take enough money with you to make a phone call and for cab fare back, if necessary.
- Tell someone you trust the name of the person you are going out with, where you intend to go, and when you expect to return.